Guess and Win!
Review Jolla want's to thank our readers for their support, comments and voluntary funding by announcing Sailfish OS update name contest, round 1
Update: Time's up, please use the feedback form for even better next round
Jolla Sailfish OS update name - Contest, Round 1
Link this post to your friends. Sharing is Caring!
Round 1 got 79 guesses, unlike luck to yours! While waiting for system update from Jolla for scoring, please use this form to give your feedback. Both the participants and those who didn't participate may give feedback, it's all taken into count when organizing the next round. Thank you!
|James (Jolla Users), Marc (Jolla), Simo (Review Jolla), |
Francesco (Jolla Italia) and Carol (Jolla)
at Jolla Headquarters, Helsinki, Finland
To promote Jolla's upcoming launch in India, one of the T-Shirts is especially signed by Marc with text "Jolla loves India", a very unique gift. This prize is delivered to the person with the best scoring guess in India and the two other signed T-Shirts are going to the best scoring guesses in the rest of the world. Prizes as sponsored by Jolla Oy and worldwide mailing by our readers.
Try to score high with your guess to win!
- These rules are due to change without further notice
1. Who may participate?
- Round 1 is worldwide and the prizes are delivered worldwide too. To promote Jolla's upcoming launch in India, we're sharing 3 giveaways in this contest. One is delivered to the winner guess in India and two to the rest of the world.
- You may not be working for Jolla Ltd or in any other way have access to the internal/restricted forums providing the answers needed in this contest
- Google, Facebook or Twitter account with your real name is used to participate this contest, but also an optional form to participate is provided for people not using their real name in any of these forums. Real names are used in purpose to prevent the same person to participate the contest from several accounts.
- Review Jolla is not looking for artificial likes or follows with this contest. If some of the forums in use requires a like/follow for posting your answer, please feel free to unlike/unfollow right after your answer. Of course if you like the forum for what's it providing otherwise, we're happy for each new follower!
2. Contest time and limits
- CONTEST TIME: Answers must be posted between now and the last day of this month (23:59 UTC). Answers posted later are seen as "too close to the actual release date" and they do not count even that they would be totally correct
- ACCOUNT LIMIT: Only account(s) with your real name may be used. Guesses posted from nick accounts, or accounts with a false name, are disqualified. For people not using their real name in any of the contest forums, optional form can be found in the bottom of this post.
- AMOUNT OF GUESSES: You can post only one guess per account. 2nd and later guesses from the same account are disqualified. However, if you are using the other forum(s) with your real name too, you can give one different guess in each forum to multiply your winning chances. NOTE: The form for people not using their real name accounts is optional - If you use the form to participate, you may not use any of the other three forums.
3. How to participate?
- To win, you need to provide your best guess for these three questions in a single comment. All questions are related to the next, yet unpublished Sailfish OS system update released by Jolla:
- Version number?
- The name?
- Date when it's released to customers?
- Send you guess, for example: "Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168 Alabama, release date 15.9.2014"
- The winners are the persons gaining most score for their guess (see 6. scoring). If several guesses among the same prize delivering area end up to the same top score, the winners are randomly selected between these.
- The winner's real names are published as a comment/answer/reply to the post where the winning guess has been posted. Announcing takes place within one week of the system update release date
- After announcing the names of the winners, they have two weeks time to claim the prize contacting Review Jolla via the same account they used for posting the winning guess
- If the winner hasn't claimed the prize within this two week time, the prize is removed from the contest and will be shared in the next round. Next best guess does not count for claiming the prize
5. Receiving the prize
- The prizes, provided by Jolla Oy, are mailed by Review Jolla to the address of the winner (posted in a personal message to us). At this point the three giveaways from Jolla are kept as secret - but I'm sure you'll like it, especially if you're a Jolla fan!
- Unlike 50 points for participating the contest by the rules
- Another 50 points for the correct name of the update
- -1 point for each number difference calculated from the system update release numbers
- For example: Guess 22.214.171.124, actual release 126.96.36.199 = -29 points
- -1 point for each date between the guess and the actual release date
- Max possible score: 100 (all three parts guessed)
7. Scoring example
- Guess: Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52, Alabama, release date 15.9.2014
- Actual: Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206, Alajärvi, release date 10.9.2014
- Scoring: 50 (unlike) + 0 (name) - 13 (numbers) - 5 (days) = 32 points
- Twitter/Google/Facebook: Your name will be publicly visible only in the post(s) you are using for your guess(es), and in an answer/comment by us announcing the winner in the same forum you used.
- Using the optional form below: Your name is saved to a database in Google's server, but it remains unpublished. You will later need your name only in email exchange between us, and only for claiming the prize
TIPS FOR WINNING
- Study the Sailfish OS updates released so far. You can find them all by using the search boxes at this blog or at together.jolla.com. It's especially useful to search for any patterns and rules which Jolla might be using in their naming policy. Also this might be useful.
- Try to find if Jolla has revealed any information in advance - you might find tips revealing the name (whole or part of it) the release date (accurate or approximate). Keep in mind that this information used must be published to everybody - if you have access to closed forums where the information is shared by Jolla, you can't participate this contest at all
- It might seem like a good idea using the averages in your version number and date guesses, but note that others might think the same way. You might have better chance with a more personal guess
- Do not contact Jolla or their workers in a meaning of phishing the information helping in this contest. People found out having access to this information are disqualified. Also, Jolla has enough work already providing us these great updates in a nice schedule
Unlike luck for your guesses!
Not using your real name in any of the forums (Facebook, Google, Twitter) and still want to participate? Please use this form:
[Round 1: Form removed]
Published: August 27, 2014 06:51 UTC
Post updated: September 1, 2014 03:40 UTC
Rules updated: August 27, 2014 07:59 UTC
You might also be interested in...
List of all contests with Jolla related prizes