|Screen capture, DNA Store in Finland telling Jolla will be available soon|
- Jolla has officially apologized for the delays at their webshop support site
- Shipping to outside Finland is starting. Yesterday 800 of these pre-orders were updated to "In picking" status, today the number has been growing. There are at least 4000 customers waiting for their new phones outside Finland. In additoin to that, most of the finnish 1st pre-order customers are still in the waiting queue, while 2nd wave customers in Finland are picking their phones.
- DNA shops have received only a limited amout of phones, but enough for all their shops in Finland. Some have been already sold to public, some are reserved for 2nd wave pre-order customers until Saturday morning.
- Jolla hasn't officially informed the amounts of orders or sales, nor how many phones are delivered to DNA. A longer while ago, the latest official statement of amounts was that pre-order campaigns have gathered about 20 000 interested customers in 136 countries. How many of these have actually ordered the phone is unknown, but by the information I've received from other customers, I carefully dare to estimate that Jolla has sold mre than 10 000 phones by now.
- Customers are busy tracking what's happening at the back door of Jolla, more than 250 orders are followed on an online worksheet. Only a Jolla community can do something like this!
Jolla Smartphones come to the DNA Shops in Finland. From DNA:
- Jolla phones are available to public in Finland starting 11-Dec-2013
- Finnish 2nd wave pre-orderers, who have chosen a DNA Store, can have their phones too
- Jolla starts shipping phones to 2nd wave customers at the same day
- All first wave pre-order customers, both in Finland and outside Finland, haven't yet (10-Dec) received their phones, or tracking codes for the shipment. Some finnish first wave customers have the phone In Hand, many see it shipping at the moment. Jolla is currently shipping as many first wave phones as they can (each worker only has two hands here in Finland).
Jolla Smatrphones outside Finland are shipped on this week. From JollaHQ:
@Florian_Si @JaarkDS @qrosh @HelinaT @SimoRuoho @JujuDHighlands EU shipments go out this week, please stay tuned. Thanks for your support.
— Jolla (@JollaHQ) December 10, 2013
I personally understand that Jolla must prior things in Finland, as Finland is the only country with an operator agreement between DNA and Jolla, but I'd wish them to inform their customers better in this matter. Outside Finland, customers are obviously expected to be satisfied for "The First One - On My Ground". This has caused some whining and few ugly posts around the community, and not without a reason, as Jolla hasn't been totally open for their customers in each country and each pre-order wave. In my opinion, the whole mess could have been avoided with a simple, open minded message to all 1st and 2nd wave customers: "We are sorry, we can't ship all the Jollas in the true prority order, due to an important operator agreement in Finland. However, your Jolla is arriving in a time promised to you. Please have patience... Please contact... etc." As simple as that. Hopefully this is the future.
Tweet from JollaHQ, concirning customers outside Finland:
@JujuDHighlands You will be the first ones to receive it on your home markets. Thanks for your patience.Well, I suppose that the community just hopes all the best for Jolla - this was a small mistake, compared to all possibile walls which a startup company might have run into. entering the mobile market. First wave customers are, however, getting their phones shipped before other 2nd wave customers outside Finland. In a way, they can be seen as the topic here state: "The First One - OMG"
— Jolla (@JollaHQ) December 10, 2013
Press release DNA Finland 10.12.2013:
Jolla smartphones available from DNA Stores from 11 DecemberJolla smartphones will go on general sale in DNA Stores from 11 December. That is also the day when the 'second chance' pre-bookers can collect their phones if they have selected a DNA Store as the collection point.
"At this point, only a limited number of phones will be available, but they will be shipped to DNA Stores all over Finland, and, in addition to pre-bookers, will be available to the general public, as well" says Cedric Kamtsan, DNA's Business Director in charge of the Jolla project.
The first batch of Jolla phones went on sale at a launch event arranged by DNA in Helsinki at the end of November. At the launch event, DNA offered the fastest pre-bookers the opportunity to buy their phones among the first 450 owners of Jolla smartphones. Deliveries to all other 'first edition' pre-bookers are in full progress.
Second phase pre-bookers from Finland can collect their phones from a DNA Store or by post from Jolla, according to where they have chosen the delivery in advance. Deliveries to second phase pre-bookers will begin on 11 December, both by post and from DNA Stores.
Phones due for collection from DNA Stores will be held at the DNA Store selected by the customer until 13 December - byers will get an SMS confirmation today. Any phones not collected will be placed on general sale on Saturday 14 December, but pre-bookers will naturally have a chance to collect their phones, subject to availability.
DNA has played an integral part in the product development and commercialisation of Jolla smartphones and is the operator with the exclusive right to sell Jolla phones in Finland during the launch phase.
Jolla is powered by Sailfish OS, a truly open and distinct mobile operating system. Navigate effortlessly with the gesture-based user interface and load the phone with top Android (TM) apps. More information on Jolla at www.jolla.com.
Cedric Kamtsan, Business Director, DNA Ltd, tel. +358 44 906 2377, email@example.com
Jolla media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riitta Luhtala, Communications Manager, DNA Ltd, tel. +358 44 044 1040, email@example.com
DNA Ltd is a Finnish telecommunications company providing high-quality, state-of-the-art voice, data, and TV services to private customers and corporations. DNA’s 3G network reaches five million Finns and is constantly expanding, and the 4G networks are reaching new cities and urban areas all the time. In 2012, DNA recorded a turnover of EUR 769 million and an operating profit of EUR 56 million. DNA Ltd has more than 3 million mobile communications and fixed network customers. DNA and WELHO are registered trademarks of DNA Ltd. The Group includes also DNA Kauppa, the largest operator retail chain in Finland. For more information, please visit www.dna.fi.
About Jolla: Jolla Ltd., headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, is developing mobile devices and the open operating system, Sailfish, based on the heritage of MeeGo project. In addition to its R&D sites in Helsinki and Tampere, Jolla has offices in Hong Kong. Please see jolla.com/press for further press and media materials.